Lead-acid RV batteries may still dominate the market, but many RV adventurers are moving to lithium batteries instead because they're a superior alternative to traditional batteries. The benefits of choosing LiFePO4 over lead-acid for any application are numerous. And, when it comes to your RV, there are specific advantages that make lithium RV batteries the ideal choice.
1. They’re safe.Your RV isn’t just a means to get from point A to point B during your vacation. It’s your vehicle and your home. So, safety matters. LiFePO4 RV batteries are designed with a built-in safety measure. When they near overheating temperatures, these batteries automatically shut down, preventing fire or explosion. Lead acid batteries, on the other hand, typically don’t include this fail-safe measure and are sometimes susceptible to fire when they come into contact with foreign metals. No battery is perfect, but ALL IN ONE lithium batteries are the safest choice on the market.
2. They go further.Your typical lead-acid RV battery only allows you to use around 50% of the rated capacity. Lithium batteries are ideal for extending dry camping wherever your travels take you. With highly sustainable voltage levels, your lithium RV battery offers 99% usable capacity which gives you that extra time in your home away from home.
3. They weigh less. Your RV is big enough and heavy enough as it is. Lithium batteries are typically half the size and a third of the weight of traditional lead-acid batteries. Reduce the weight of your vehicle and increase the capacity for speed.
4. They live longer. Battery life span matters. Would you rather replace a lead-acid battery once every two or three years, or would you rather make an investment in a lithium battery that lasts over a decade? Lithium batteries have up to 10X longer cycle life than lead-acid equivalent.
5. They’re maintenance-free. With lead-acid batteries, it’s a guarantee that the units will need replacement in a few years. It’s also a guarantee that they’ll need regular upkeep and maintenance. And, with lead-acid batteries, you have to monitor the water levels often to prevent fire hazards. Lithium-ion batteries require zero maintenance in their decade-long battery life, saving you time and energy.
6. They carry long-term value. A lithium battery does hold a larger price tag than a lead-acid battery. Usually, lithium costs three times the price of lead-acid, but don’t let the initial price deter you. LiFePO4 batteries actually cost less than lead-acid batteries over their operation lifetime. This makes it an ideal investment for RV owners.
7. They’re eco-friendly.Your RV doesn’t need to have a negative impact on the environment. Lithium is the green battery option you’ve been waiting for. It powers your travels with clean energy and reduces CO2 emissions. Disposal is environmentally friendly, too. These green batteries are recyclable and are often made of recycled materials.
Ready to add some power your adventures?